Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Gratitude

Sometimes I forget to be grateful for everything in my life. I simply carry on with my day-to-day responsibilities and I don't stop to tell people how thankful I am for what they bring to my daily experience.

My husband is the first one who comes to mind. On Friday he gave me a shiny new People magazine (brain candy of the first order) and told me it was to start off my Mother's Day weekend. Then on Saturday we went out for a date to Iron Man 2 and out to Whitespot for dinner because I was craving a Legendary burger and sweet potato fries. We had so much fun on our date with some friends, laughing together and remembering what we love about each other.

I woke up on Mother's Day to a few gifts, from Jason and the kids, and my heart was so full and warm you could've roasted marshmallows by it. We went to Smitty's for the delicious buffet breakfast on our way to church, and then came home for Jason to make us all lunch. He also gave the kids gift certificates to Humpty's so we could go out to eat while he is gone to Las Vegas and California this week for work, and me a Boston Pizza gift card so we could eat out and have some treats. The thoughtfulness and kindness of my husband knows no bounds.

My mom came over for a dinner that Jason spent most of the afternoon preparing. Barbequed chicken and ribs with homemade biscuits, green beans and potato salad, with fruit crisp for dessert. I felt cherished, appreciated, and very thankful for the many blessings I have been given.

Today I'm sad to lose Jason for a week from our family unit, but I'm going to be positive about all of the fun adventures that the kids and I will have together. It's a change of pace; a chance for something different, and I'll embrace that change with enthusiasm instead of dread. I'm going to push myself in this area, becoming more independent and less afraid of being on my own. I know I need to grow in this area, and there is no time like the present to improve.

This will be the longest time we've ever been apart since we've been married, but it's a good thing to know the relationship is solid, and can survive what comes at it from the outside. We are grateful for each other, and thankfulness greases the wheels of life so that everything runs much smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment